The Demolition of Struthers October 2019
(105 yrs of history)
Struthers emigrated to Australia and returned in 1905 to farm sheep. They rented 2472 acres in the Linthills and 23 acres at Calderbank where the ruin of the old mill is and where some of its associated building have been converted to dwellings. They paid £100 rent per annum for this land in 1908. They started making lemonade in these buildings before moving into the village at the old school house in 1914.